IBProvider - it is Native OLE DB provider for Firebird and Interbase SQL servers.
Driver supports All Firebird and Interbase server versions:
Connect to Firebird SQL Server
- Firebird 0.9.4
- Firebird 1.0, 1.5
- Firebird 2.0, 2.1, 2.5
- Firebird 3.0
- Firebird 64 bits
Connect to Interbase SQL Server
- Interbase 4 (4.2)
- Interbase 5 (5.5, 5.6)
- Interbase 6 (6.0.1, 6.5)
- Interbase 7 (7.0, 7.1, 7.5.1)
- Interbase 2007
- Interbase 2009
- Interbase XE
- Interbase XE3
- Interbase 64 bits
Moreover, IBProvider supports Yaffil SQL Server work.
If you use IBProvider for connecting to Firebird and Interbase,
the upgrade to other database server versions as well as the switching between servers
will be much easier then in case of using other components.
IBProvider makes automatic setup of its own core to the specific SQL server
that includes the following steps:
- Defining list of key words, reserved by SQL server.
- Loading metadata provider.
- Setup of ODBC Escape Sequences parser.
- Choice of embedded transactions algorithm and supported dialect.
- Selection of engines, which are optimized for specific database server version.
You only need to write the queries, IBProver will make all the additional work:
- Request the information about metadata from SQL server.
- Specify the command parameters, their type, precision and size.
- Make the correct values transformation to the specified data type.
- Upload the data to the own swap-file if their size will exceed the max allowed value.
- Full support for unicode in simple columns, arrays, BLOB-fields and storage-objects.
In IBProvider we try to take into account all the nuances of Interbase and Firebird API implementation,
covering them with standard OLE DB interfaces. It helps working with Firebird and Interbase, usage of client libraries OLE DB,
ADO, dbGo (ADO Express), ADO .Net, as well as some others.
More opportunities of the Firebird provider and Interbase driver
OLE DB providers technology is supported by practically all the modern development tools. Among them:
- Report builders: Crystal reports, Fast Reports, Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Analysis and OLAP tools (Analysis services (SSAS)).
- Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Visual Basic For applications (VBA)).
- Microsoft SQL Server Linked Server and Business Intelligence.
It enables developing applications in Visual Studio 6.0 (5.0) Visual Basic, Visual C++,
as well as writing automatization scripts for Windows Script Host (WSH) on VBScript
You may use IBProvider and ADO.Net
for connection to Firebird and Interbase in Visual Studio,
develop modern applications on C#, Visual Basic .Net and other languages.
In ADO.Net Library there is a large set of components for the work with data: DataGrid, DataView, TableAdapter, OLE DB components,
built-in masters and utilities (Server Explorer, Data connection wizard, DataSet designer) and other tools.
Delphi and C++ Builder
The access to Interbase and Firebird from Delphi or from C++ Builder
Click to Enlarge