IBProvider - Firebird provider and Interbase driver (1 copy of Single Developer License for SQL Server Standard, Workgroup or SmallBusiness)
Driver supports 16 Firebird and Interbase server versions:
Connect to Firebird SQL Server
- Firebird 1.0 (1.0.3)
- Firebird 1.5 (1.5.3, 1.5.4, 1.5.5)
- Firebird 2.0 (2.0.1 - 2.0.x)
- Firebird 2.1
- Firebird 2.5
- Firebird 64 bits
Connect to Interbase SQL Server
- Interbase 4 (4.2)
- Interbase 5 (5.5, 5.6)
- Interbase 6 (6.0.1, 6.5)
- Interbase 7 (7.0, 7.1, 7.5.1)
- Interbase 2007
- Interbase 2009
Moreover, IBProvider supports Yaffil SQL Server work.
If you use IBProvider for connecting to Firebird and Interbase, the upgrade to other database server versions as well as the switching between servers will be much easier then in case of using other components.
IBProvider makes automatic setup of its own core to the specific SQL server that includes the following steps:
- Defining list of key words, reserved by SQL server.
- Loading metadata provider.
- Setup of ODBC Escape Sequences parser.
- Choice of embedded transactions algorithm and supported dialect.
- Connection of algorithms, optimized for concrete database server version.
You only need to write the queries, IBProver will make all the additional work:
- Request the information about metadata from SQL server.
- Specify the command parameters, their type, precision and size.
- Make the correct values transformation to the specified data type.
- Upload the data to the own swap-file if their size will exceed the required value in RW memory.
- Process Unicode rows in ordinary columns, arrays, BLOB-fields as well as storage-objects correctly
In IBProvider we try to take into account all the nuances of Interbase ? Firebird API implementation, covering them with standard OLE DB interfaces. It helps working with Firebird and Interbase, usage of client libraries OLE DB, ADO, dbGo (ADO Express), ADO .Net, as well as some others.
More opportunities of the Firebird provider and Interbase driver
OLE DB providers technology is supported by practically all the modern development tools. Among them:
- Report builders: Crystal reports, Fast Reports, Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Analysis and OLAP tools (Analysis services (SSAS)).
- Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Visual Basic For applications (VBA)).
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Linked Server and Business Intelligence.
You may use IBProvider and ADO.Net for connection to Firebird and Interbase in Visual Studio .Net 2008, 2005, develop modern applications on C#, Visual Basic .Net and other languages.
In ADO.Net Library there is a large set of components for the work with data: DataGrid, DataView, TableAdapter, OLE DB components, built-in masters and utilities (Server Explorer, Data connection wizard, DataSet designer) and other tools.
Client library on C++ for OLE DB
It enables to develop the applications on C++ in Visual Studio 2005 and in ?++ Builder. IBProvider is spread free of charge as the part of distributive.
Delphi and C++ Builder
The access to Interbase and Firebird from Delphi or from C++ Builder you may choose among the following variants::
- Interact with ADO via COM interfaces.
- Use dbGo (ADO Express) components.
Moreover, for C++ Builder you may use C++ library from IBProvider distributive free of charge.
MS SQL Server 2005 Business Intelligence
IBProvider enables working with Interbase and Firebird not only via the MS SQL Linked Server but also as the component of Business Intelligence tools:
- Use Integration Services (SSIS) for developing ETL processes (Extract/Transform/Load) .
- Develop the reports with Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Form the analytic reports and develop the cubes with Analysis Services (SSAS).
IBProvider and 64 bits.
IBProvider Professional exists in 2 editions:
- IBProvider Professional Edition for 32 bits - a standard version allowing to create 32 bits applications.
- IBProvider Professional Edition for 64/32 bits - a component package allowing to develop 32 bits as well as 64 bits applications.
Additional advantages of IBProvider
Valuable transactions support
- Embedded transactions.
- Distributed transactions, two-phase commit, MS DTC transactions coordinator support.
- Transaction retain (Commit Retain/Rollback Retain).
- Transactions auto commit mode.
- All the isolation levels: read committed, snapshot, Snapshot Table Stability.
- Named Savepoints.
Work with commands parameters
- Named and positional parameters support.
- Automatic specifying of parameters descriptions, data sizes, precision and types.
- Direction Support - In/Out parameters.
- Firebird driver
- Firebird database
- Interbase database