ENVy Computer Compare is a troubleshooting utility/aid that compares the environment and system information of two or more computers (PC) for the purpose of identifying their differences. This information can then be applied to any number of troubleshooting situations that involve multiple machines. ENVy seeks to automate a process that would otherwise take endless hours to do ?by hand?.
The ENVy Comparison is deep, low-level, and includes tens of thousands of item and property comparisons spanning the following areas: Access Control Lists, Desktop Settings, Devices, Drivers, Environment Variables, File Systems, Hardware, Hosts Table, Installed Software, Internet Explorer, Network Configuration, Processes, Registry, Services, Startup Commands, System Information, User Accounts, User Groups, and User Profiles. Not only are items compared at the surface level, all of their properties are directly compared as well. So while it may appear on the surface that two machines share the same item, there could still be 20 other things different about it that wouldn't show up in a standard, shallow comparison.
- Now includes file system and registry comparison plus thousands of new items and properties.
- In addition to the msi install package, a standalone binary that doesn't require installation is provided for easy transport using a USB memory stick or other media.
- Lifetime updates and support.
- Lifetime unlimited license--you only have to buy it once.
- Save precious time, money, and headache--get to the bottom of the problem faster.
- ENVy does in 15 seconds what would take someone days to do "by hand".
- Also includes the ENVy Class Viewer, a Win32 Class viewer for querying the WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) for hundreds of classes that contain the lowest-level information available about your operating system, machine, and everything in-between.
- Has also been reported to aid in the prevention of "road-rage".
Click to Enlarge