TSM would assist you in being more effective by managing your servers. TSM saves the connection profile of each server saving a lot of time and not having to remember them anymore, hence saving your precious time.
TERMINAL SERVICES MANAGER
I. INTRODUCTION: Are you one of those people who have to access different servers and having to remember them, but find it a chore having to remember all those countless number of servers. Tsm would assist you in being more effective, precise and will put you on the cutting edge in managing your servers. It would make your work a lot less easy and yet put you in a leading position. Tsm saves the connection profile of each server saving a lot of time and not having to remember them anymore, hence saving your precious time. It doesnot get easier than that.
II. MAIN INTERFACE:
When you launch the TSM you will find the main application interface. It has a toolbar on the top with the list of saved servers in the grid below.
III. THE TOOLBAR The toolbar has shortcuts to the following:
1. The "Refresh" button refreshes the server list from the database.
2. Using the "Discover" button you will be able to import the servers from the Active Directory you are connected to. It imports the following details:
DNS host name
Description of the server in Active Directory
Operating system and service pack
3. The "Groups" button helps you in managing your custom group list. You'll find this very useful when managing many types of servers or servers at different locations.
4. Use the "Add Server" button to add a server to the server list. It will ask for the Server name, DNS Hostname or IP Address to add a server.
5. If you have a list of RDP files currently to connect to your various servers, use the "Import" button to import them into your server list.
6. The "Export to Excel" and "Print" buttons are very helpful when you want to prepare a report on the servers.
7. The "About" button tells a little bit about the application and about what we as a company can offer you.
8. Use the "Close" button to exit from the program.
A. DISCOVER By clicking on the "Discover" button, you will be able to import the servers from the network that you are connected to. It imports the server name, DNS Host name, IP address of that server as well as its operating system. B. GROUP YOUR SERVERS
When you click on the Groups button, it pops a window with the available groups. To add a Group, click on the "Add Group" at the bottom of the window. There are options to delete and edit the gropus. C. ADD A NEW SERVER Click on the "Add Server" button on the toolbar, to add a new server to the TSM. You will need to type in the Server Name and DNS Host name which are mandatory fields. If you want to make the server a part of a group, you could do it here. Click on "Save" to add the entry to the list. IV. ALL SERVER LIST
This grid contains all the managed servers saved by the TSM. It has a lot of cool features which are described below. By default only the Server Name, DNS Host Name and IP Address are displayed. Other features provided in the grid are:
Field Chooser ? Used to select the fields we wish to get displayed on the grid.
Group by column headers - Click on the column on the grid and drop it on to the top left corner of the bar where it says ?Drag a column header here to group by that column?.
Filters - Use the filter text boxes on each column to filter the list. V. CONNECTING TO A SERVER
To get connected to a server, click on the "Connect" button next to the server info on the grid. This will launch a RDP connection to that server. If you have specified the username and domain within the connection settings, all you have to do is type in the password to be connected to that server.
Number Press - Number Press - Numbering Software for forms, raffles, and documents. Numbering has never been easier! The perfect numbering software for printshops, organizations, clubs or any type of business... ...