A flexible Java library for HTML5-based annotation of 50+ types of documents and images. Supported file formats include: PDF and Microsoft Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint slides, Visio, CAD, raster images and other common document types.
Key features include:
1. Platform independent. GroupDocs.Annotation for Java works across all popular platforms, including iPad, iPhone, Android, Mac and PC. All a user needs to annotate a document is an HTML5-compliant browser.
2. High fidelity true-text rendering. The library renders documents as text files, so that users can search for, select and copy text right from documents displayed within your app or website.
3. A wide set of annotation tools: - Sticky notes with rich text - Point annotations (allows adding notes to any point in the document) - Area annotations (allows commenting on an area marked up with a rectangle) - Text annotations (allows striking through/underlining and commenting on text) - Text replacement (allows editing text) - Text/area redaction (allows blacking out text/area) - Polyline (allows drawing freehand lines) - Arrows - Watermarks - Undo/redo
4. A customizable UI. GroupDocs.Annotation for Java has a convenient web UI, designed to make it easy to annotate large documents in a browser. It allows end users to: - Turn document pages with the click of a button - Jump straight to a selected page - Preview pages with thumbnails - Quickly navigate between annotations - Print and export annotated documents to PDF - Collaborate on documents in real time.
5. Support for native PDF annotations. Annotations made in GroupDocs can be converted to/from native PDF annotations for further editing.
Finally, GroupDocs.Annotation for Java can be easily integrated into any project, as it doesn't require any client-side installation at all. To test the library without any restrictions, please feel free to contact GroupDocs sales for a 30-day fully-functional trial.