HsGpsDll is a Windows Dynamic Link Library which provides access to any NMEA-183 compliant GPS receiver via a serial communications port.
HsGpsDll is designed for use from Visual C, Visual Basic or other programming languages, capable of calling DLL functions.
HsGpsDll allows a user application to easily read from a GPS device the current GPS position fix in degrees and decimal seconds or in decimal degrees, current velocity over ground (speed in kilometers per hour), current altitude, UTC time and date.
GPS position fix obtained via HsGpsDll contains:
* Latitude coordinate in degrees, minutes, seconds and direction (South / North)
* Longitude coordinate in degrees, minutes, seconds and direction (East / West)
* Coordinates in decimal degree format
* Fix quality - valid or invalid
* Number of satellites in view
* Speed in kilometers per hour
* Altitude (Mean Sea Level)
* UTC date and time
To obtain the above information, HsGpsDll decodes the following sentences of NMEA-183 (National Marine Electronics Association, Interface Standard 0183: - $GPGGA - geographical position fix data - $GPRMC - minimum recommended fix data - $GPVTG - velocity over ground
HS GPSDLL continuously reads asynchronous data stream from a serial port and analyses the information to recognize and decode NMEA-183 Protocol sentences. After each message is received it is checked for integrity by comparing the received and the calculated checksum. The NMEA sentence fields are then converted from ASCII values into C structure variables and ready to be retrieved with an API call.
The demo application shows current GPS location on a map provided over internet connection (if available) from Google Maps map server. The map zoom level is adjustable from 16 to 0. The map is updated every 10 seconds if the coordinates of GPS receiver change.
The HsGpsDll library allow a user to configure the settings of the serial communication port to which GPS receiver is connected (COM port number, selectable from COM1 to COM32, speed, data size, number of stop and data bits, parity)
* Interfaces a GPS receiver over COM ports COM1 - COMn (any port number can be used)
* To obtain GPS information, HsGpsDll decodes the following sentences of NMEA-183 (National Marine Electronics Association, Interface Standard 0183:
- $GPGGA - geographical position fix data
- $GPVTG - velocity over ground
- $GPRMC - Recommended minimum specific GPS data
Supported EQUIPMENT: Supports any NMEA-183 Compliant GPS device with serial RS232 interface
* Fleet Tracking
* Asset Tracking
* Any customer applications requiring access to a NMEA-183 compliant GPS receiver