The Netlistener OPC-Server is a convenient network monitoring tool. It provides status data on network devices through ICMP.
The server allows supervising device processes (watchdog) and provides the operator with the CPU load data as an OPC variable. In addition it shows the CPU load of the host computer.
Netlistener helps you to:
- detect Ethernet errors early. It provides a transparent Ethernet.
- Supervision of various network loads and applications.
- Information on the state of the network.
- Easy integration into your HMI through OPC.
- Option to program your own network management applications in your PLS.
- Easy to use through known visualization software.
The server sends ICMP (ping) or SNMP-requests to the supervising hosts, and presents these as an OPC-item. Or it supervises cyclical processes on the host to check for program errors.