RightMark CPU Clock Utility (RMClock) is a small GUI application designed for real-time CPU frequency, throttling and load level monitoring and on-the-fly adjustment of the CPU performance level on supported CPU models via processor's power management model-specific registers (MSRs). In automatic management mode it continuously monitors the CPU usage level and dynamically adjusts the CPU frequency, throttle and/or voltage level as needed, realizing the "Performance on Demand" concept.
- Real-time CPU clock and CPU/OS load level determination and monitoring (with optional logging).
- Detection of virtually any form of CPU clock throttling.
- Dynamic on-demand CPU performance state (P-state) transitions via real-time adjustment of CPU multiplier (FID) and/or requested voltage level (VID).
- Dynamic on-demand CPU clock modulation via real-time transitions between CPU clock throttling levels.
- Fine-tuning of advanced CPU-specific power management settings for AMD K7, AMD K8, Intel Pentium M/Centrino platform, Intel Pentium 4 and Xeon, Intel Core Solo/Core Duo/Centrino Duo platform, Intel Core 2, VIA C7 and Transmeta Crusoe/Efficeon CPU families.
- Complete support for multi-processor (SMP/HT/multicore) systems.
- Windows power management settings and LCD display brightness control (where supported).
- Battery information display (general and per-battery) including real-time status display of the battery life time, charge level, charge/discharge rate etc.
- CPU core temperature display (available on AMD K8, Intel Core and Intel Core 2 CPU families).
Supported platforms: CPU
Current release of RMClock utility implements the CPU frequency, CPU load and throttling level determination on the following processor models:
- AMD K7 (Athlon/XP/MP, Duron, Sempron) and K8 (Athlon 64/FX/X2, Opteron, Dual-Core Opteron, Sempron, Turion 64/X2) family processors.
- Intel Pentium II/Celeron, Pentium III/Celeron, Pentium M/Celeron M, Pentium 4/Celeron (Northwood and Prescott cores), Pentium 4 Extreme Edition (Gallatin and Prescott cores), Xeon (Prestonia, Nocona, Cranford, Irwindale, Potomac, Paxville and Dempsey cores), Pentium D and Pentium Extreme Edition (Smithfield, Presler and Cedar Mill cores), Core Solo/Celeron M/Core Duo (Yonah core) and Core 2 Duo/Core 2 Quad/Core 2 Extreme/Xeon (Conroe/Allendale, Merom, Woodcrest, Kentsfield/Clovertown cores).
Dynamic P-state transitions are supported on:
- AMD Athlon 64/FX/X2, Sempron, Turion 64/X2, mobile Athlon 64, Opteron and Dual-Core Opteron featuring AMD Cool`n'Quiet(tm) technology.
- Mobile or Low-Power Desktop AMD Athlon XP featuring AMD PowerNow!(tm) technology.
- Intel Pentium M, Intel Core Solo and Core Duo, Intel Core 2 Duo, Core 2 Quad and Core 2 Extreme, Intel Xeon (Woodcrest and Clovertown cores) featuring Enhanced Intel(R) SpeedStep(tm) technology (EIST).
- Intel Pentium 4 600 series (Prescott N0 core), Intel Xeon (Nocona, Cranford, Irwindale, Potomac, Paxville and Dempsey cores), Intel Pentium D 800/900 series (Presler core), Intel Pentium Extreme Edition (Smithfield, Presler and Cedar Mill cores) featuring Enhanced Intel(R) SpeedStep(tm) technology (also known as Demand-Based Switching).
NOTE: Intel(R) SpeedStep(tm) technology and the "old" vision of Enhanced Intel(R) SpeedStep(tm) technology found in mobile Pentium III-M and mobile Pentium 4 processors are not supported.
Dynamic on-demand clock modulation adjustment is supported on:
- Intel Pentium M/Celeron M, Intel Pentium 4/Pentium 4 Extreme Edition/Celeron, Intel Xeon, Intel Pentium D/Pentium Extreme Edition, Intel Core Solo/Core Duo, Intel Core 2 Duo/Quad/Extreme featuring On-Demand Clock Modulation (ODCM).
RMClock utility will run on unsupported CPU models, however, in this case, most of its functionality will not be available.
Supported platforms: OS
- 32-bit Windows NT class OS version 5.0 and higher: Windows 2000, XP, 2003 Server and Vista platforms. No support for Win9x OS family is ever planned.
- Support for Windows XP x64 platforms is available since version 1.7 (x64 driver included into the package).
- NOTE: Support for 64-bit Windows Vista is currently limited due to the kernel mode driver digital signature requirement of that OS (workarounds are necessary).
- NOTE: You must have Administrative rights to install and run this utility.
Click to Enlarge