Softgroup .Net Error Object is a powerful display
and reporting error handling solution for Microsoft Visual Studio 2005.
Run-time errors are an expensive fact of life both
during development and following the release of software to customers. Errors
take time to find and time to fix. Users soon become frustrated when software
fails to function as expected without adequate warning. It is extremely
important that you consider carefully how your application will handle and
report errors. Designing and implementing an effective error handling strategy
can accelerate development and significantly reduce development and support
It is essential that all errors are correctly
handled by your application. However, there is more to effective error handling
than just placing an error trap in every procedure and displaying a simple
message box whenever an error occurs.
Implementing an effective handling strategy ensures
- Errors do not go undetected.
- Applications do not terminate abruptly without warning or explanation.
- Components are robust and predictable.
- After an error, application stability is restored.
- Error messages offer the user a meaningful description of an error.
- Error messages advise the user of the possible impact of an error.
- Error messages offer the user advice that may remedy a problem and avoid unnecessary support calls.
- Error messages advise the user on how to proceed.
- Error messages offer sufficient information for support personnel to quickly identify known problems.
- Legitimate run-time errors are not confused with software defects.
- Errors are logged to avoid incorrect reporting by users during support calls.
- Error logs can be viewed and cleared easily.
- The source code location of an error can quickly be determined.
- The cause of an error can be determined more easily allowing defects to be corrected more easily.
Softgroup .Net Error Object provides easy error
processing and implementation with
Easy implementation with one single .Net shared
Support for new Visual Studio Try...Catch
statements (C# and VB.NET)
Support for classic VB Error object in On Error ...
Display of all error details included Inner
Exception and Stack Trace
Elegant and professional display in html text
Full customizable dialogs display for Multilanguage
Send full details throw email to your technical
support or developer team.
Optional write error messages to event log
Prior to running Setup to install the Softgroup
.Net Error Object, you must already have the .NET Framework 2.0 and Microsoft
Visual Studio 2005 installed on the computer.
Softgroup .Net Error Object is provided as single
setup package that contains all required files and documentation.
See FAQ list for more
Documentation and informational resources
Softgroup .Net Error Object
has exhaustive documentation supplied with installation where every aspect of
using the product is covered in details. See NetError.chm.
You can also download the
documentation from our site.
If you have a question
regarding Softgroup .Net Error Objects, take a look through list of Frequently
Asked Questions or use support page to obtain information on how to contact Softgroup .Net Data Objects support team.