VBReFormer Professional Edition
Decompiler or not decompiler ?
VBReFormer is the most advanced publically available software in Visual Basic 5 & 6 decompilation technology.
First, it allows you to recover the design of each form and control, with all properties, values, all reference to external controls (OCX files), and all pictures. Then with VBReFormer you can obtain the necessary information to re-write the graphical design of your application without executable Visual Basic code...
With VBReFormer it's now possible to edit the design properties easily, as with other resource editors, working directly on your binary (to translate your application into another language for example). The properties aren't limited in size because VBReFormer includes an engine which integrally remakes the binary code that holds the form design information.
Click here to see a video sample of a translation with VBReFormer...
VBReFormer is able to disassemble all the forms and all controls in your application (if it was compiled with the native code option), recover all subroutines, runtime and API calls, and then VBReFormer attempts a native decompilation of basic code, without warranty of success because it's an experimental decompilation process. VBReFormer can recover about 3% of the basic code. Note: VBReFormer is unable to disassemble and attempt decompilation if the program is compiled to PCode for the moment.
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 98, Me, 2000, XP, 2003
- Supported format: EXE, OCX and DLL files compiled with Microsoft Visual Basic 5 & 6.
- Show EXE structure (EXE Header, PE Header, Optional Header, and Section Header)
- Recovers project file (VBP)
- Recovers GUI files (FRM/CTL/PAG/DSR)
- Identifies externals components (ActiveX)
- Recovers ressources GUI files (FRX/CTX/PGX)
- Allow to change the properties of the objects and save it to the EXE file (with no lenght limitation)
- Allow to add an unused property for an object and save it to the EXE file
- Allow to change the ressources GUI pictures (from PictureBox for exemple)
- Identifies procedures from Sub Main(), Forms, and Objects *
- Disassemble these procedures (engine language to assembleur) *
- Allow to patch the disassembled code (to debug for exemple) *
- A pre-decompiling engin analyze the disassembled code *
- Recovers the Runtime Calls *
- Recovers the API declarations *
- Recovers of some basic code (attempt to decompile; MsgBox for exemple) *
- Syntaxic coloration
*Only native compiled programs
VBReFormer tries to decompile only a few parts of the basic code. It's an experimental decompiler and it's being updated often. So, we can consider VBReFormer to be a half-decompiler, but not as a full decompiler. For any complete decompilation, contact us partner Decompiler.org.