Description: StartEd is a Windows startup editor which recognizes startup programs and system services that are either obsolete or memory hogs. StartEd detects more than 200 Trojan Horses, the most destructive and dangerous species of computer viruses.
StartEd displays detailed description for every system service so that even novice users are able to manage their startup configuration. A warning message will be displayed when a system service vital for your computer's stability is about to get disabled. With a color coded explanatory system users are able to see if system services are safe to disable in order to increase your computer's free memory and even performance. You get also the ability to uninstall programs directly from StartEd.
Full feature list
* View, Edit, Delete, Disable and Add entries to your Windows startup configuration
* Detect obsolete startup items and unneeded memory hogs
* Backup and Restore your startup configurations
* Manage System Services with detailed notes and description
* Filter Service List with keywords
* See new startup items and services since last StartEd use
* Uninstall Applications
* Show detailed information about every startup entry
* Launch programs
* Create shortcuts on desktop (useful for temporary disabled items)
* Print out and copy startup list to clipboard
* Recognize Trojan Horses in startup configuration